Monday, December 5, 2011

RACK'd - December 5th Edition

It rained all weekend long - glorious!  But kind of put a snap in my RACKs.  Aside from church, we stayed in all weekend - it was awesome.   I've been feeling so overwhelmed lately that it was nice to take some time to cold chill for a weekend.  We got the Christmas tree up and watched lots (and lots and LOTS) of football.

Last night was the women's dinner at the church.  It was a total blessing.  The room was gorgeous and I got to spend some time with a sweet friend and her sister.  The speaker was Kristi Brown - her voice is beautiful and her testimony is so sweet.  What a lovely lady - she just shines from the inside out!  We received her Christmas CD as a gift and I've been listening to it in the car - so relaxing and jazzy.  Love it. 

Today me and my fellow room moms went Preston's 4th grade classroom to decorate for Christmas.  I was all "okay cool - here's my RACK for today - we'll decorate so the teacher does not have to".  I took pictures of all the kids for our Christmas craft and the other moms hung some decorations.  Well, turns out this is a responsibility of the room moms.  Ha!  So it wasn't really a RACK - but his teacher felt the love nonetheless.  At least she didn't have to do it!  And man - these sweet teachers.  They are just sainted.  It's been so wet and cold that there was no recess.  With 2 weeks before Christmas.  The kids were climbing the walls!  I could not do their job.  Totally sainted.  Well, I didn't take any pictures, but it was really cute.  One of our room moms is a total rock star and makes us look so good.

I have a fire going in the fireplace and a pot roast in the oven.  I love winter so much.  Have a great day y'all!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Fire and pot roast??!! Be still my heart...

Volunteering at the school TOTALLY counts as a Rack'd {giggle, giggle}. Yes, those teachers are saints and at this time of year they are especially so.

A rainy weekend at home sounds dreamy. Enjoy that pot roast friend!