Saturday, December 3, 2011

You've Been Rack'd - December 2nd

Merry Christmas!  We had a truly stellar day yesterday.  After getting some work done, I went to a wonderful women's seminar at a local movie theater.  The speaker was an amazing women's minister from Prestonwood - so funny and so on point.  It truly solidified my desire to turn my focus of Christmas from me and stuff, to others.  I love being "filled up" while sitting next to my best friend.

Joe took the day off to take care of some things, and spend the day with Biggie B.  He's been a little squirrely lately and time with Daddy is just what the doctor ordered.  They had a ball.  When P-Diddy got home from school, we loaded up and headed to Main Event for some family bowling.  I am not a good bowler, but I do enjoy laughing at myself and hanging with the family.  So much fun!  And I have 2 cute pictures from my phone, but for some reason they are flipped and I can't get them edited.

I did realize while we were there, I had not RACK'd anyone yet.  I have a few cute ideas, but with the rain, I have to wait on them.  I decided to get a $5 Game Card and started praying over who to give it to.  There were several corporate parties there, so I was trying to avoid the people who were already playing for free.  I walked that place up one side and down the other and finally found a mom and her son - probably about 6 years old.  I gave her the card and said "Merry Christmas"!  I hope she needed it - I mean as much as you can *need* a game card.  But I hope it made her day.  It made mine.

It's not my intention to make this little project a money-based mission, but when I don't plan ahead, that's kind of where it ends up. 

I think my project is rubbing off on P-Diddy because he keeps asking if his actions are random acts of kindness.  So sweet.  I need to send him to school with a Diet Coke for his teacher so he can have one all to himself.  Sweet boy.

We ended our day at Lava Grill with hibachi and sushi.  My kids love them some hibachi.  We ran into some friends we don't get to see very often, so that's always fun!

I hope you all have a great weekend!  Merry Christmas!

PS - you all know that saying RACK'd makes me giggle - it's the 12 year old boy in me.  RACK'd...giggle.  It's the little things!!


1 comment:

Megan said...

You are hilarious with your rack'd giggles!

I love knowing you are out there, sharing love with people and making the world a happier place.

Lava Grill...uuuummmmm...and I love your nails.

p.s. 'dingo' is my word verification. As in, 'Maybe the dingo ate your baby!"